Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I want to lie in bed with him all day…

and search his body for scars and watch his mouth as he tells me the stories of they came to be. I want to kiss his freckles and run my fingers through his hair and I want my feet to find his when we sleep. I want to wake up with his arms around me and his face nuzzled in my neck. I want him to slowly tickle my back and my ribs and the insides of my arms while he tells me about the surf that day. I want him to brush the hair off my face and kiss my eyelids and tell me I’m beautiful and all he’s ever wanted. I want to fall in love with him. And I want him to fall in love with me. And I really don’t think that’s too much to ask.

I would typically say yes, that is too much to ask. However, I already have all of these things and never realized just how lucky I really was until now. Having each and every one of these little things is a blessing in itself. My god…It’s a dream come true.



Today I was away...he called three or more times just to say hi and ask if I was coming home to him tonight. When I finally decided to come home, he proceeded to call me three more times in that short little drive home from Richmond. Each time was to see how much longer it would take me to return to our quaint little home on the beach. This is just one of the little things that makes me love him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment