Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Boring Diet


Today Paul told me that a friend of ours, Talya, had mentioned how great I was looking. She asked him if I was on an organic diet and he quickly returned with, "No. She's on the boring diet with me. Eggs, tuna, turkey, chicken and rice." When he told me this, I was a little turned off since I am typically the cook in the house, always spicing up a good meal for him. I almost never make the same dinner two nights in a row and he never complains, however it is usually the same equation: Chicken, whole grain rice, with either vegetables or peppers and onions and whatever spice I feel like using that night. He must not be able to taste the difference between curry and cajun. Oh well! I don't find it boring...

The truth is, that yes, my diet consists of 1/3 organic, 1/3 all natural, and the other 1/3 healthy normal stuff :) I love it because I do get a ton of variety in my daily eating in between the smaller portioned breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I guess to a guy, who's in between meals are always a protein shake, his diet would seem a bit boring and monotonous. Sucks for him! lol

**The picture above is a delicious concoction of mine. If I remember correctly it is cajun roasted red peppers and onions with grilled chicken and pineapple over whole grain rice. The chicken was marinated in a mango salsa. The same salsa was drizzled over the dish after preparation. Boring? I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment