Saturday, October 3, 2009

To the End and Back

So, today I had the brilliant idea of running to the end of the beach and back. Let's just say I had NO idea how long it was. I think I was running/walking for about an hour to and hour and a half but I forgot to look at the time before running out the door. Several times I wanted to give up and turn around but I wouldn't let myself. I've been way too lazy lately and I wasn't about to let it stop me this time. This was probably the hardest I have ever pushed myself...and I did it. I actually made it to the end and back! Of course I was drenched and covered in sand, complete with some awesome tan lines. It turns out the distance covered was nearly 8 miles!! What the frack was I thinking?!?!

Hey...at least now I know I can do it. I've never gone further than 3.5 miles on a treadmill and this was on sand! All I'm saying is that if you really want to push yourself, create a mid point goal. I could have never made it if I hadn't really wanted to see the end of the beach :)

Shower time!!

2 comments:

  1. thats awesome! i wish i had that willpower and strength but i probably would have been winded halfway out the door haha. congrats!

    xx,
    hayley

    gunbarrelbutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hayley!! Actually I typically lack the willpower also...Getting in better shape definitely helps. Just remember that even a 30 minute walk can do wonders. It will actually make you feel better, giving you more energy as well :)

    Best of luck to you!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete