Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kindly Keep Your Words to Yourself, Please.

So, I joined this contest to be the face of E.l.f. Cosmetics and I'm in the top ten...which is all that really matters. I contacted the admin of a group on Facebook for my high school and asked if he would help spread the word for votes. In the process, I have had a TON of positive support along with a few super nasty comments here and there. Surprisingly, these comments came from an older bunch (40's & 50's). Now, this isn't by any means my first experience with this. Some people feel that it's necessary to add their own words to my story. Well it's not.

This draws the question...WHY?? Didn't your mother ever teach you? Mine did. "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." Simple as that. Don't these people realize that they are only flattering me? By taking the time out of their lives, in attempt to bring my own down, they do not succeed. People like this are the reason why this world is less fruitful. I wish them the best, they obviously need it.

I'm not saying I've never said anything nasty, but with maturity comes the understanding that it's just not worth it. I have learned not to say nasty comments to anyone. You never know how bad of a day they may be having. I live to brighten people's day, not sour their dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment