Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Old Writing..."Journeys"

I have plenty of things that stand between me and the things that I desire. Like a dreamy swade and gold necklace, broken, I pick up the peices, and try to mend what is left behind. It's nothing between my love and I, but work. Work, work, work. I've learned that with responsibility, comes irresponsible people, who you just cannot rely on. It's hard. It's frustrating. For once in my life, I have money to live the life I want to live. Unfortunately, all of my time is taken up by this responsibility.

I was talking to my mom the other day, and she said....

Heather, I'm so happy for you. You are finally the girl that you originally were. The girl who, no matter what the circumstances, was happy-go-lucky. The girl who had the ability to turn any frown upside down. The girl who always knew right from wrong, and the one who always led the pack, with no inclination of doing so.

This sparked my mind...Why am I wasting all of my time on money?? I'm happy where I am, however, is it what I WANT? No. When I originally moved back to Richmond, I finally started my business, HD Marketing. I have about 5 people per week ask me how it's going. Each and every time I respond, well...it's going, but all I have time for is Cha Cha's. I've broken sales records for days, even months, at Cha Cha's. But is it what I WANT? No. How do I abandon the stability and go forth with my dreams?? This is the question I face today, tomorrow, and the rest of the days I continue with this job. When do I end this successful journey, and lead my own??

No comments:

Post a Comment